Hands of Love...

I love the sweet moments I get to share with my own kids. They are truly my inspiration for even picking up my camera in the first place.
I did study art history while living in Spain and just could not get the granduer of the Alhambra while I studied there. I wanted so desperately to capture the beauty that was so present!!! I wanted to preserve a piece of history like the Roman Road I got to walk on- it truly sent shivers up my spine!! How thrilling for a History and Spanish major to walk on a Roman road!!!
Now I am at a point where I want to cherish even more. The beauty that is around me, the simple moments of playing soccer in the autumn afternoon sun or the contrast of a young baby against her grandmother- the young and the old, the fresh and the worn. I talked to a friend of mine today and we discussed how people like to see the beauty in the young and that no matter what we do.. we age and that it is not beautiful in so many eyes. I begged to differ with her in that it was beautiful- it showed wisdom, enlightenment, education..

These are the hands that loved me, that encouraged me, that disciplined me...
These are the hand that knit ponchoes for me, that tickled my back, that made me think again before I did something disrespectful....
These are the hands that created a needlepoint pillow for my wedding rings to be brought to the priest to bless before we got married.
These are the hands that read, send me silly emails, that help rock my babies to sleep...
These are beautiful hands.
I am thankful for what I have learned at the guidance of these hands.

Comments

Popular Posts